Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dearest

My dearest Mommom thank you; for all that you have done
For the godly way that; you have raised your son
For making him the father; that he is today
My dearest Mommom thank you; I know you couldn’t stay.

My dearest Mommom thank you; for all the words you said
And how you praised your Savior; as you bowed your head
Thankful that He saved you; from all your wretched sin
My dearest Mommom thank you; I know you are with Him.

My dearest Mommom thank you; for the way you loved
Touching those around you; with blessings from above
Always there to love; and tell me what was right
My dearest Mommom thank you; I know God holds you tight.

My dearest Mommom thank you; for all the things you gave
Memories can’t be defeated; not even by the grave
You sacrificed so much for; the ones you love
My dearest Mommom thank you; please give my God a hug.

My dearest Mommom thank you; for the way you showed
The grandma I would like to be; when I am fully grown
You showed me how to worship and love through your last days
My dearest Mommom thank you; for showing me the way.

My dearest Mommom thank you; now you are home above
Everyone will miss you and the way you love
But we must all be joyful; not sorrowful remain
‘Cause dearest Mommom we will; meet again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment